Angela + Domenic | August 22nd 2009

August 28, 2009

Written by Davina Palik. Photographed by Daniel Kudish and Jeremy Glover

I honestly think it would be hard not to get along with Angie and Dom. When we first met them last year, we spent the whole meeting laughing and that’s pretty much all we’ve done since then (you might remember their 2.5 hour engagement shoot when Daniel and Dom ended up taking shots?).
I wasn’t there to shoot their wedding, but looking at their photos, I can tell there was a lot of laughing there too. I mean, just check out Angie’s expressions! With a husband with a sense of humor like Dom’s, I’m sure she’ll be spending the rest of her life with a smile on her face!

Check ’em out:

• Amanda: AMAAAAAAZING! can't wait to see the rest! (08.28.2009 02:42pm)
  • Letizia: OMG these pics are incredible.. i'm so excited to see the rest of them :) (08.29.2009 12:13pm)
  • kate: AMAZING guys! What a FUN wedding! Great work my friends, as usual ;) (08.31.2009 11:17am)
  • JOSEPH: TERRIFIC SHOTS WHAT JOY & LOVE WAS IN THE AIR AND IT SHOWS.... WHAT A DAY IT WAS! (08.31.2009 11:26am)
  • Mom: Beautiful, soo much laughter and happiness. God Bless them! (09.08.2009 10:27am)
  • Mike & Nad: Great Pics, Amazing Couple, Awesome Night...more of the same to follow i'm sure :) (09.10.2009 04:10pm)

Nanci + Joe | August 23rd 2009

August 25, 2009

Written by Davina Palik, photographed by Davina Palik and Daniel Kudish

Nanci, Joe, Daniel and I have been seeing each other for over a year now. We immediately hit it off the first time we met, further bonded over a few drinks prior to their engagement shoot last summer, chatted over brunch at their engagement party last fall (where we had the honor of sitting at their table!), partied at their henna event last Friday, and finally tied the knot on Sunday. It is the longest and most intense courtship we have ever had and we’ve enjoyed every minute of it! In all seriousness though, it was really something to witness their wedding, after having photographed them during so many of the occasions leading up to this day over the last year.

As we had expected, Nanci and Joe’s wedding was quite an event, to say the least! With a guest list of 400 people, Daniel and I were sincerely afraid of getting trampled during the Horah, but it all went surprisingly well! No injuries were reported, unless you count exhaustion at the end of the night, and everyone had an amazing time.

Here are a few more from Friday’s henna party:And some of our favorites from their wedding day:This here is Mike. Mike married MJ (a friend of Nanci’s) 2 years ago and Ben Chrisman, the brilliant photographer who shot our Vegas ceremony, also photographed their wedding in California. Small world, eh?
(We really hit it off with them as well and actually had dinner together last night)

• Joe: Amazing photos!!!! Had an incredible time. Can't wait to see all the photos. Also, now I have proof that my chair was on a 45 degree angle and I was about to slide off. (08.25.2009 12:39pm)
  • Jenna Tye: great post! you really captured all the fun! (08.25.2009 12:46pm)
  • Victor: We had a great time. And as an attendee of many weddings and events over the years, not to mention being in advertising working with hundreds of photographers from around the world, I have to say: bravo. Really well done. (08.25.2009 02:12pm)
  • MJ: My eyes are welling up and I'm hardly ever speechless. D+D, you truly captured Nanci's vibrant personality and the joyous occasion that this was. Thank you! (08.25.2009 03:40pm)

Nanci + Joe | henna party (teaser)

August 21, 2009

Tonight, we learned three things.
1) the Iraqi pre-wedding henna ritual is nothing like the Hindu one.
2) there’s a good reason why they call it a henna party.
3) nanci and joe’s wedding on sunday is going to be insane.

• Jenna Tye: love them! two good choices.. i can't wait to see what you get at their wedding! (08.22.2009 12:00am)
  • nanci: What a night ! So glad you guys were able to be a part of it. I cannot wait for Sunday! Thank you for the beautiful memory. (08.22.2009 02:34am)

Fallon + Matthew | August 16th 2009

August 21, 2009

Written by Davina Palik. Photographed by Davina Palik & Daniel Kudish

Fallon and Matthew’s wedding was particularly exciting for us because (other than working with them of course) it was our first time shooting a Maddy K wedding. We had admired her work from afar this summer and we finally had the chance to see her creations up close. I was particularly blown away by the gorgeous Chuppah, which I actually featured on my blog this morning.

Fallon and Matthew are on a 3-week Mediterranean cruise as I write this, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t 100% jealous right now! They so fully enjoyed their day (Redbull was of great service to Fallon!) that I can just imagine how much relaxing they are doing. (During his speech, Matthew’s dad requested that they “practice” making grandchildren for him too… but I won’t go down that road!)

A few of our faves from the day:The photobooth sign clearly reads “4-5 people max” … but where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• Dominik: Great work Guys ! Greets from Poland. (08.25.2009 05:56am)

Marie-Eve + Mike | August 8th, 2009

August 17, 2009

Written and photographed by Davina Palik

I’ve been anticipating the wedding of Marie-Eve and Mike all summer. I spent hours talking over the details with Meve and our friend Kate (quite voluntarily, by the way) and I was really excited to see everything come together. As expected, I was ridiculously emotional all day, and I have to admit that I was quite nervous about fulfilling the role of friend/guest as well as photographer! To top it off, I was the sole photographer and Marie-Eve and Mike, as well as their friends and families, had such high expectations from me… so the pressure was on!

Meve is the amazing lady behind Lake Jane, so it’s no surprise that her wedding was filled with creative details. Her grandfather and brother made the arch under which they were married, using birch branches from their family cottage; her mother created the burlap photobooth backdrop; and Meve collected Mason jars which she filled with wild flowers to serve as centerpieces. I’m sure she’ll be filling her readers in on all the details very shortly, so check out her blog for more on that.

This is the grand debut of these much anticipated photos, so I’d be lying if I said my heart was not pounding pretty fiercely at the moment. Meve, Mike, I hope I did justice to your amazing day, and to you! I love you both!

• Gwidge: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FANTASTIC!!!! So pretty. Expectations = exceeded (08.17.2009 09:24pm)
  • Gary & Nancy: Wonderful work! Well done Davina. We love your style. (08.17.2009 09:33pm)
  • Chantal: You have NOTHING to worry about, Davina!!! These are AMAZING!!! Love love love them!!! (08.17.2009 10:05pm)
  • Joanne & Jess: WOW. Simply wow! We love the photos. (08.17.2009 10:13pm)
  • Stephen (Mike's Dad): Wonderful photography Davina, you really captured the spirit of the day and let us relive it all again. Thank you. (08.17.2009 11:09pm)
  • kate: Dav. Im crying. You are amazing. I know I say that all the time, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart. You captured them in such a pure, authentic way. Meve + Mike are going to adore these... and cherish them for years to come. You are my photography hero. Fantastic job my love. Christian will tell you, with every pic I just kept saying Ooooh! Love you! xo (08.18.2009 12:55am)
  • Kat: OmiGOD Davina - I have just sent this link to everyone I know. These are INCREDIBLE - and totally spot-on. You did an amazing job!!! (08.18.2009 07:56am)
  • Alissa: These are so lovely and candid and genuine. You did a wonderful job of capturing those precious moments! (08.18.2009 09:56am)
  • Rob M: Davina, These pictures are nothing short of spectacular. You have proven yourself as a professional, as well as capturing Meve and Mike's wedding in that it will remain a reality, not just a memory. (08.18.2009 10:41am)
  • Loulou: WOW....and wow...my mouth is still open...BEAUTIFUL pictures Davina ! (08.18.2009 11:21am)
  • Yolanda Julien: My Gosh! Davina, your work is truly amazing! I'm actually a close friend of Kate's and cannot wait to see how you capture her special day!! Congratulations on a job beautifully done. (08.18.2009 11:24am)
  • Loulou: Oh !!! I forgot to say........More please !!!!! Ü (08.18.2009 11:28am)
  • chris::cisforcharmed: Gahhh, wow! I think everyone kind of made the same noise/expression that i did (you know mouth gaping wide open). I'm sure Marie-Eve is over the moon and beyond with these, they're so gorgeous. annnnd... i'm officially jealous? ; ) (08.18.2009 01:38pm)
  • Geneviève: Simply splendid. I'm in awe Davina, you did good! (08.18.2009 05:39pm)
  • lil sis: AH I LOVE THEM ALL ! i love the style of this wedding. when you say country wedding, you usually think cheezy or code word for we're really broke so we're going to do the reception in the basement of sebby's. Doesn't apply for this wedding, not in the least. (08.19.2009 01:59pm)
  • Bob (Marie-Eve's dad: Davina, you more than met our high expectations. You have a special talent. Thanks for sharing it with us. (08.19.2009 03:33pm)
  • Gill: Spectacular! (08.20.2009 09:34pm)
  • Jenna Tye: lovely Davina! (08.22.2009 12:01am)