Melanie + Stephen | January 16th, 2011 | Toronto, ON

January 26, 2011

Written by Davina Palik, Photographed by Davina Palik and Daniel Kudish.

We don’t always meet our couples until their wedding day, which always makes us a little nervous, to be honest. We do our best to exchange phone calls and emails enough to know that we’re a good match, but we don’t really know what they’ll be like until we meet face-to-face. Well, we certainly got lucky with Melanie and Stephen! We met Mel when we went to the synagogue the day before their wedding to set up the photo booth, and she went straight to work helping us out. As we were leaving the building, I turned to Daniel and said, “We got lucky. She’s a perfect bride for us!”

And that was only further confirmed the next day. Melanie and Stephen trekked through the snow in the freezing cold (seriously, you don’t know what cold is unless you live in Canada) for a few portraits and never complained. It was such a pleasure to spend the day with them and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to be a “photographer slash bridesmaid extraordinaire,” as Mel dubbed me!

You can browse through of favorites below by clicking on the arrows:

• Daniel Aguilar: Life is good when you know you have 2 mad Canadian friends behindthe lens. That was an AWESOME set! (01.26.2011 09:28pm)
  • Monica Salazar: I love this shot! (01.26.2011 09:30pm)
  • Monica Salazar: Wow! All the images are stunning!!! I would love to learn from you two :) (01.26.2011 09:33pm)
  • erin c.: the shot of the bride entering the church is perfection. (01.26.2011 09:42pm)
  • NailaJ: SO many great shots in this one! I love the top shot of the bride walking in with her bouquet, the one of them walking out - great expression on her face!! - and the woman in the blue dress getting raised up. Awesome. (01.26.2011 10:09pm)
  • Shayna: Awesome job! The laughing shot at the beginning of the ceremony and that recessional shot are PURE MONEY. (01.26.2011 11:59pm)
  • Trish F.: Now THAT is how a bride makes an entrance! And the one of the bride dancing with who I guess to be Grandma...*le sigh* (01.27.2011 12:49am)
  • brandon wong: Favorite post of you guys. Loving this new raw and down to earth processing and imagery lately. (01.27.2011 02:41am)
  • Emma Rose: Wow, one stunning image after another!!! You've just raised the bar for wedding photography!!! (01.27.2011 06:17am)
  • Jules: The one of the couple through the dappled light is STU-NNING. I hope we'll get to meet before our wedding! *fingers crossed* (01.27.2011 08:54am)
  • Rafa: As always amazing pics from two awesome great super canadian photographers. (01.27.2011 10:27am)
  • Sasha: Vary nice! :) (01.27.2011 11:04am)
  • Gary Bradford: beautiful set of images! (01.27.2011 11:11am)
  • michael: Love the new look. Much more traditional which is a very good thing. Great choice of images. (01.27.2011 02:54pm)
  • Sergio: You are killing it!!! (01.27.2011 05:27pm)
  • fer juaristi: dudes, come on! shoot me in the brain! killer set (01.27.2011 09:09pm)
  • Annelie: Wow! These FANTASTIC! I can't even begin to pick a favourite. No wonder I keep telling everyone that if I could have any photographer in the world photographing my wedding, it would have to be you two. :-) (01.28.2011 03:48am)
  • Christina Craft: Another amazing series of images. I love the facial expressions! She looks like someone who knows how to have fun!! I love looking at your work. (01.28.2011 04:32pm)
  • Julian Abram Wainwright: tasty as always guys, tasty as always. . . . (01.28.2011 05:58pm)
  • Leo Timoshuk: All the images are really awesome, great set guys! (01.28.2011 07:30pm)
  • Natan: message*All images, absolutely all images are awesome!!!! Congrats from Spain!!! (01.30.2011 07:39pm)
  • Micah & Megan: Love them all, but that first shot is gorgeous. The hand, the reflection, the look on her face. Yes. (02.01.2011 03:39pm)
  • Raymundo Rochin: beatyfull pictures =O! (02.07.2011 12:58am)
  • Liz ~ elizabeth&jane photography: Beautiful work guys. I love all of the portraits and the shot of the bride seeing the groom in the synagogue is just packed full with emotion. (02.15.2011 09:17am)
  • Jay: Nice...nice...nice!!!! (04.08.2011 12:46pm)